4.21.2009

Becoming a Prisoner of Hope


Micah is two weeks old today. It's hard to believe I've had him that long already! Time is going by so fast. I love staying home with him - he certainly keeps me busy.

I feel like God has really been revealing some things about myself to me through parenting Micah. I laugh when Micah gets so flustered while I'm getting ready to feed him. He gets so worked up because he's hungry, and is oblivious to the fact that he's about to eat. I laughed about this and yet I realized that I act the same way towards the Lord sometimes.

He is aware of my needs and he promises to provide for me - and yet in the midst of hunger (whether it be spiritual, financial, etc.), I find myself oblivious to the fact he is my provider and is undoubtledly moving things into place to do just that. Like my newborn son, I cry out as though I'm helpless and hopeless, as though he has forgotten about me or may be unaware of my needs, and become distraught in my worry and discomfort.

He must chuckle the way I do as I bring Micah close to eat, knowing that he is as good as fed. When Micah matures, he will recognize my actions and see that he will be eating in a matter of moments, and so he will be much more calm. He will not scream with his eyes tightly shut, but approach me with his eyes wide open, in full expectation of what he knows I will give him.

That is the attitude I need to strive for. I need to be a "prisoner of hope." I should approach the throne, not with anxiety, but with the peace that comes with full confidence that the Lord will provide what I need, when I need it. I would never deny Micah his food, why do I ever doubt my heavenly Father?

No comments:

Post a Comment