6.19.2009

Homemade Italian Salad Dressing

Last night I went to pull the dressing out of the fridge when I realized every single bottle had expired in March. Just goes to show you how long it's been since we've had salad... (either that or we were eating expired dressing.) Well I found a recipe online and I tweaked it a little bit. It was light, yet tasty - perfect for a summer salad. Plus, I already had all the ingredients in my fridge or pantry.


(Make sure you shake it well before you pour it on your salad.)

Combine the following ingredients in a jar and shake well:

  • 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
  • 1 teaspoon Sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
  • 1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon Basil

1 comment:

  1. Yum. That looks good. My mother used to make a dressing just like that and then she'd make the BEST PASTA SALAD IN THE WORLD with it. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete